Preet Dhupar Running Airtel Delhi Half Marathon for CHILDLINE India Foundation
Personal Pledge Message
The Delhi Half marathon has become an annual event in my calendar. This will be the 7th year of running and I have enjoyed every bit of it. It is a way to say Thank You to God for all that I have in life and to make an attempt to help those that may be less privileged. Children hold a special place in my heart and there’s lots more that I wish I could do ; but one has to start somewhere. CHILDLINE operates a 24 hour outreach service and aims to reach all children in need of care and protection – they need all hands on deck to help them. I hope that my efforts make a difference somewhere.
Preet Dhupar has been running in the Delhi half marathon for the past six years now – this being her seventh year. Her purpose is to run for charity and increase awareness about the cause that she is supporting. She supports Childline which is a national 24 hour emergency outreach service for children in need of protection and care.
Preet is also a theatre artist and amongst her other performances, was involved in putting together a play for Childline.
In her professional capacity, Preet Dhupar is the Director Finance and Operations for BBC World in India, and is responsible for Finance and Regulatory matters for most BBC companies operating in India and Singapore. She is a chartered accountant by qualification.
About: At CHILDLINE working on the future all the time, is the single most important activity. We have chalked down a few things we wish to achieve in the coming years.
- Reach: 10 million children per year.
- Envisioning NICP to make it the most comprehensive initiative in the country for mainstreaming Child Protection - The Child Protect Net.
- Reinvigorating Children's participation in CHILDLINE through Children's Advisory Councils.
- Enhance service excellence and move from being activity oriented to being goal oriented.
- Prioritise CHILDLINE launch to the most under represented and under reached thematic child right areas.
- Optimise new technologies for upscaling CHILDLINE reducing cost per call and making operations systems leaner and more professional.
- Make CHILDLINE the most recognised reference point for Child Rights.
Vision: A Child friendly nation that guarantee the rights and protection of all children.
Appeal: CHILDLINE 1098 is a 24X7 emergency, national toll free, phone and outreach service for children in need of care and protection, linking them to long-term services for their care & rehabilitation. Currently operational in 210 cities across 26 states and 3 Union Teritories, CHILDLINE responds to more than 2.5 million calls a year and in the last 16 years we have received more than 21 million calls and made a difference to lives of thousands of children. CHILDLINE works with street children, child labourers, child victims of the flesh trade, differently abled and mentally ill children, child addicts, children in conflict with law, children affected by AIDS, and children affected by conflicts and disasters.
Dial 1098! Help Children in Distress!
Contact: Radhika Harishankar 9810046209